CoQ10 is required by every cell in our body and is the key to chemical reactions that produce cellular energy. Just as an automobile engine with poor spark plugs chokes, sputters and dies, without enough CoQ10 (our cellular spark plug) our health can break down, resulting in all kinds of degenerative diseases. Studies show that CoQ10 may be effective for congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, some forms of cancer, and gum disease.
- Supports heart health and maintains normal heart function
- Potent antioxidant
- Free radical scavenger
- Promotes healthy gums
- Restores energy and vitality
Coenzyme Q10 ubiquinone (microorganism)......................... 100 mg
- While there are no known adverse drug interactions, many drugs adversely affect CoQ10 levels or CoQ10 is able to mitigate the side effects of the drug.
In addition to adriamycin (discussed above), many experts recommend supplementing CoQ10 at dosages ranging from 30 to 100 mg per day in people taking the following drugs to prevent side effects or the depletion of CoQ10 in body tissues:
- Cholesterol lowering drugs, such as atorvastatin (Lipitor); gemfibrozil (Lopid); lovastatin (Mevacor); pravastatin (Pravachol); simvastatin (Zocor), etc.
- Beta-blocker drugs used in angina, high blood pressure, and heart arrhythmias, such as acebutolol (Sectral); atenolol (Tenormin); carteolol (Cartrol); metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL); penbutolol (Levatol); propanolol (Inderal); timolol (Blocarden), etc.
- Phenothiazine drugs used in various psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine); fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin); mesoridazine (Serentil); trifluoperazine (Stelazine); etc.
- Tricyclic antidepressant,s such as amitryptaline (Elavil, Endep); desipramine (Norpramin, Pertofrane); doxepin (Adapin, Sinequan); imipramine (Imavate, Presamine, Trofinil); nortryptaline (Aventyl, Pamelor); protryptaline (Vivactil); etc.
- CoQ10 also works synergistically with carnitine and pantethine.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been determined. CoQ10 should not be used during these times unless the potential clinical benefit as determined by a health care practitioner outweighs the risks.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.